This conference will examine key issues for the construction industry, its partners, and customers.
Bringing together stakeholders with senior policymakers as the new government begins work on its ambitious infrastructure programme, delegates will discuss key opportunities and issues, including:
- Government support priorities and the UK Construction Sector Deal;
- Next steps for innovation and R&D, and for rolling out modern methods of construction (MMC);
- The government targets for house building;
- The green building and sustainability agenda;
- Partnerships and fair payment in the supply chain; and
- Tackling the labour shortage, skills gaps and creating a more diverse workforce.
Speakers and chair
The agenda includes keynote contributions from: Mark Farmer, Founding Director & Chief Executive Officer, Cast Consultancy and Champion, Modern Methods of Construction; Dr David Hancock, Construction Director, Infrastructure and Projects Authority and Ann Bentley, Lead, Supply Chain and Business Models, Construction Leadership Council and Member, Global Board, Rider Levett Bucknall.
Further confirmed participants include: Louise Aitken, South East Local Enterprise Partnership; Sarah Beale, CITB; Brian Berry, Federation of Master Builders; Nigel Blundell, Pinsent Masons; Alexandra Bolton, Centre for Digital Britain; Michael Divers, Sir Robert McAlpine; Samantha Ireland, Gangmasters & Labour Abuse Authority; Sam Stacey, Innovate UK; Rod Stiles, BAM and a senior speaker confirmed from Buildoffsite.
Chairing is Lord Best, Deputy Chair, All-Party Parliamentary Group for Excellence in the Built Environment.
- Priorities for the construction industry - high quality building and increased productivity;
- Progress since the sector deal and key trends;
- Sustainability in construction - modern methods of construction, supply chain efficiency and reducing the environmental impact;
- Innovation and delivering new homes;
- Tackling labour shortages - skills, apprenticeships, diversity and the effect of Brexit; and
- The way forward for policy.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster Business Forum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: the Cabinet Office; MHCLG; DfT; HMRC and HSE.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF