This conference will discuss the future for the UK space sector.
The agenda in summary
- Where next for UK space? with Dr Graham Turnock, Chief Executive, UK Space Agency;
- Future collaboration between the UK and Europe - with Magali Vaissiere, Head, ECSAT, Harwell UK, European Space Agency;
- The development and regulation of commercial spaceflight in the UK - with Paul Cremin, Commercial Spaceflight Policy & Regulation Lead, International Aviation, Safety & Environment, Department for Transport;
- Facilitating the future growth of the UK space sector:
- Defence, space, and government’s role as an anchor customer to the industry - with Captain Dave Moody, Deputy Head of Space, Joint Forces Command, MoD;
- The space industry sector deal - with Graham Peters, Chairman, UKspace; Chairman, Space Growth Partnership and Vice President, Space, ADS;
- Skills and workforce priorities - with Professor Anu Ojha, Director, UK National Space Academy and Member, STFC Council;
- Spaceports and launch capabilities in the UK - with Glenn Caplin, Chief Executive, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly LEP;
- Regulation and supporting industry growth - with Joanne Wheeler, Managing Partner, Alden Legal; and
- Commercialising UK space - key industry priorities - with Nik Smith, Lockheed Martin; Nick Shave, Inmarsat and Peter Mountney, Odin Vision.
Participation by policy officials
Westminster Business Forum conferences typically attract strong interest from policymakers. This seminar will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Cabinet Office; Defra; DCMS; DfT; DIT; European Space Agency; Government Legal Department; HM Treasury; HSE; IPO; MoD; Office of the Secretary of State for Wales; RAF; UK Export Finance; UK Space Agency and the Welsh Government.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF