This conference on the future shape of regulation across the telecoms, water and energy sectors.
It is bringing together stakeholders with key policymakers to discuss options for reform when the Government is due to be considering its formal response to the NIC review on regulated industries.
The Review’s recommendations will affect a range of essential services sectors - particularly in the telecoms, water and energy markets - as well as their partners, suppliers and customers.
Delegates will discuss the likely impact on competition and innovation in the regulated sectors.
- The findings and recommendations of the NIC’s Regulation Study - with Sarah Hayes, Senior Regulatory Advisor, National Infrastructure Commission;
- Energy prepayment price cap review and the changing role of the CMA - with Gavin Knott, Director, Remedies, Business and Financial Analysis, CMA;
- Measuring the performance of regulators - accommodating the needs of providers and protecting vulnerable consumers - with Rich Sullivan-Jones, Audit Manager, Regulation, Consumers and Competition, National Audit Office.
- Designing regulatory systems that deliver greater innovation, investment in infrastructure and value for consumers - with Emily Keaney, UK Regulators’ Network; David Rodman, Virgin Media; Noel Beale, Burges Salmon and John Russell, Ofwat; and
- The future shape of utilities regulation, digitalisation and the treatment of data - with Chris Pickard, Economic Insight; Harry Armstrong, Nesta; Chris Harris, NPower; Audrey Gallacher, Energy UK and Clive Carter, Ofcom.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster Business Forum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Cabinet Office; Competition and Markets Authority; DCMS; Defra; MHCLG; HMRC; Home Office; MHCLG; Ofcom; Ofgem and Ofwat.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF