TO BE PUBLISHED January 2020
This conference will discuss payments policy and regulation in the UK.
Areas for discussion include:
- Regulation and the Payment Systems Regulator (PSR) Market Review into the supply of card-acquiring services;
- The establishment of the New Payments Architecture and the renewal of the Real Time Gross Settlement;
- Preventing payment fraud; and
- Innovation, access to payment services, and the evolving landscape for UK payments.
There will be keynote contributions from: Chris Hemsley, Managing Director, Payment Systems Regulator; Paul Horlock, Chief Executive Officer, Pay UK; John Howells, Chief Executive Officer, Link and Christina Segal-Knowles, Executive Director, Financial Markets Infrastructure, Bank of England.
Further confirmed speakers: Otto Benz, Lloyds Banking Group; Mark Falcon, Zephyre; Martin Kearsley, Post Office; Genevieve Lloyd, Which?; Lorence Nye, Federation of Small Businesses; Hardik Shah, Currencies Direct; and Dr Daniel Tischer, University of Bristol.
- Priorities for the regulation of payment systems;
- Development of retail payment in the UK - access, infrastructure, and competition;
- Ensuring the stability of the UK’s payment infrastructure and priorities for the Real Time Gross Settlement renewal;
- The future for the UK’s ATM network;
- Innovation, consumer access to services, and preventing fraud; and
- Next steps for the establishment of the New Payments Architecture.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF