This conference examines payments policy and regulation in the UK.
Areas for discussion include:
- Regulation and the Payment Systems Regulator (PSR) Market Review into the supply of card-acquiring services;
- The establishment of the New Payments Architecture and the renewal of the Real Time Gross Settlement;
- Preventing payment fraud; and
- Innovation, access to payment services, and the evolving landscape for UK payments.
There will be keynote contributions from:
- Chris Hemsley, Managing Director, Payment Systems Regulator;
- Christina Segal-Knowles, Executive Director, Financial Markets Infrastructure, Bank of England;
- Paul Horlock, Chief Executive Officer, Pay.UK; and
- John Howells, Chief Executive Officer, Link.
Further confirmed speakers: Otto Benz, Lloyds Banking Group; Becky Clements, UK Finance; Mark Falcon, Zephyre; Martin Kearsley, Post Office; Genevieve Lloyd, Which?; Bob Lyddon, Association of UK Payment Institutions; Lorence Nye, Federation of Small Businesses; Hardik Shah, Currencies Direct and Dr Daniel Tischer, University of Bristol.
- Priorities for the regulation of payment systems;
- Development of retail payment in the UK - access, infrastructure, and competition;
- Ensuring the stability of the UK’s payment infrastructure;
- The future for the UK’s ATM network;
- Innovation, consumer access to services, and preventing fraud; and
- Next steps for the establishment of the New Payments Architecture.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
Westminster Business Forum conferences typically attract strong interest from policymakers. This seminar will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: the BEIS; HMRC; HM Treasury and NAO.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF