TO BE PUBLISHED March 2020
This conference will consider next steps for the UK video games sector - with sessions discussing future growth and competitiveness, consumer protection, and priorities for policy and regulation.
With a new parliament beginning its work, discussion will reflect key developments affecting the sector including:
There will be keynote addresses from:
- Steve Wood, Executive Director - Regulatory Strategy, Information Commissioner’s Office;
- Victoria MacCallum, Deputy Director, Creative Industries, DCMS;
- Brad Enright, Programme Director, Regulatory Framework and Outcomes, Gambling Commission;
- Dr Jo Twist, Chief Executive Officer, UKIE; and
- Ian Livingstone, Non-executive Chairman, Sumo Group and Co-Founder, Hiro Capital.
Further confirmed speakers include: Dr Henrietta Bowden-Jones, Centre for Internet and Gaming Disorder and Royal College of Psychiatrists; Marie-Claire Isaaman, Women in Games; Nick Nocton, Mishcon de Reya and Sean Taylor, InGAME: Innovation for Games and Media Enterprise and International Game Developers Association.
- The UK’s positioning in the global video games sector - international competitiveness and value to the economy;
- Sustaining high tech sector growth - access to talent and funding for product innovation, new business models and managing scale;
- Data protection and future game design - the role of the ICO’s age appropriate design code;
- Links between gaming and gambling - latest thinking and assessing what further oversight might be required; and
- Policy priorities - for supporting the development of the UK video games sector.
- Investment in R&D, supporting SMEs and market entrants, and priorities for meeting the skills demand; and
- Protecting the interests of consumers - industry responsibility, reducing access to inappropriate content, and assessing the evidence and options relating to gaming disorder.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF