TO BE PUBLISHED December 2019
This conference will assess the future of financial reporting in the UK.
It comes as the audit sector, business leaders, and those who produce financial reports come under increased scrutiny and political pressure following a number of recent corporate failures.
It also comes at a time of uncertainty around the future for proposed reforms, including:
Speakers and chair
There will be keynote contributions from:
- Alistair Thompson, Director of Remedies, Business and Financial Analysis, CMA; and
- Robert Hodgkinson, Executive Director, Technical, ICAEW.
Further confirmed speakers include: Hywel Ball, EY; Caroline Escott, Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association; David Gordon, Institute of Directors; Leon Kamhi, Hermes Investment Management; Scott Knight, BDO; Natasha Landell-Mills, Sarasin & Partners; Maggie McGhee, ACCA; Michelle Meagher, University College London; Professor Atul Shah, University of London; and Professor Prem Sikka, University of Sheffield.
The chair is Carlos Martín Tornero, Senior Reporter, Responsible Investor.
- The future for the UK audit market - key findings and next steps following the CMA’s market;
- Priorities for the regulation of financial reporting;
- The future shape of the auditing market following the CMA’s market study - the operational split, resilience and market competition;
- Ensuring the quality of financial reporting - standards, transparency, and establishing the scope of audits; and
- Establishment of the new regulator - scope and remit, the effectiveness of new powers in preventing future corporate failures, and the impact on stakeholders.
Engagement with policy officials and government agencies at this conference
As policymakers look ahead to developments in the new parliament, this Westminster Business Forum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: the BEIS; Cabinet Office; CMA; DfT; HM Treasury; NAO; Northern Ireland Audit Office; Ofwat and the Wales Audit Office.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF