TO BE PUBLISHED April 2020
This conference will be an opportunity to assess key elements of the Liverpool City Region Local Industrial Strategy following its expected publication.
Areas for discussion include:
- Infrastructure development - Transport, housing and the future of major projects;
- Developing Liverpool’s businesses and their productivity, the region’s skills, and collaboration with the HE sector;
- Strategies for inclusive growth; and
- Health and wellbeing, and alleviating poverty across the Liverpool City Region.
There will be a keynote contribution from Aileen Jones, Assistant Director, Policy and Strategic Commissioning, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority.
Further confirmed speakers include: Matthew Ashton, Director of Public Health, Sefton Council; Elaine Bowker, Principal and Chief Executive, The City of Liverpool College; Peter Carew, Director, Research and Development, Unilever; Margaret Hanson, Chief Executive Officer, Imagine Independence; Dale Milburn, Executive Director, Regeneration and Economic Development, Knowsley Council and Dr Sophie Wickham, Wellcome Trust Research Fellow, Public Health & Policy, University of Liverpool.
Sessions on the agenda include:
- The Liverpool City Region Local Industrial Strategy - priorities for supporting communities and business;
- Next steps for housing, major infrastructure projects and transport;
- Wellbeing and social challenges throughout Liverpool - tackling poverty, inequality and poor mental health;
- Positioning Liverpool at the forefront of R&D;
- Developing Liverpool’s businesses and their productivity, the region’s skills, and collaboration with the HE sector; and
- Implementing the Local Industrial Strategy and its place within Government’s wider Industrial Strategy.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF