The Westminster Food & Nutrition Forum organises senior-level conferences on public policy relating to food and nutrition. It has no policy agenda of its own other than to improve the quality of debate on public policy developments and so create opportunities for informed discussion.
The Forum puts great emphasis on being inclusive, and we welcome stakeholder involvement in all our conferences.
As a delegate
- By attending one of the Westminster Food & Nutrition Forum conferences you will have the opportunity to take part in the discussion on the day. In addition to taking in keynote presentations and panel discussions, there is always time allotted for delegates to ask questions and make comments. Just raise your hand and wait to be chosen by the chair.
- There is also time set aside for networking and refreshments, where you will be able to meet and speak with other delegates in attendance, as well as some of the conference speakers.
- Should you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the conference publication
- We produce a full transcript of the proceedings at all of the Forum’s conferences. It includes - subject to the permission of speakers (which is rarely withheld) - all the speeches and question & comments sections, plus all the slides, the delegate list and speaker biographies, and other material.
- You can have your say in it too. If you don’t get the chance to make a point on the day, or think of something later that you wanted to add to the discussion, we accept contributions by way of 600-word articles from anyone who attends.
- The transcript is produced about two weeks after the conference and is made available to all delegates, and is also sent to interested policymakers in Parliament, government departments and regulatory authorities.
- If you have attended a conference and want to submit an article please email it to email@example.com. This should be done as soon as possible after the event. Submissions should be about 600 words in length and directly relevant to the policy discussion on the day; off-the-shelf contributions that have been published elsewhere are usually not suitable, and text that is primarily promotional material is not accepted.
As a speaker
- By speaking at one of our conferences you will have the opportunity to engage on important public policy issues relating to food and nutrition, and contribute to the constructive, lively interaction which is a hallmark of our meetings.
- For speaking opportunities please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a sponsor
- Westminster Food & Nutrition Forum offers a range of sponsorship and marketing opportunities. Sponsors enjoy consultation over the conference, extensive publicity opportunities and a range of other benefits.
- If you would like to discuss how the Forum and your organisation might work together, either on a single issue or as part of a more long-term strategic relationship, please check our sponsorship section or simply get in touch. For sponsorship opportunities please contact Peter van Gelder.
- Press passes are available at all conferences and are free of charge for members of the reporting media. You can apply for a press pass through the online booking form.
- Westminster Food & Nutrition Forum conferences are frequently the platform for major statements on policy from senior Ministers and regulators, Opposition spokespeople and leading opinion-formers in industry, professional bodies, local government and interest groups.
- Conferences regularly receive prominent coverage in the national media and trade press. All our conferences have plenty of time for questions and comments from the floor, and often produce interesting copy.
Have an idea for a conference?
- If you feel that there is something that our programme is missing, we would be delighted to hear from you.
- We’re happy to discuss ideas on areas to focus on, speaker suggestions, and other thoughts. Please email email@example.com.
- We also accept ideas for conferences that outside bodies want to sponsor.
- In addition to conferences, the Forum offers opportunities for Parliamentary Receptions, workshops, lunch series and other bespoke events, as well as stand-alone publications.
- We may be able to assist in areas such as:
- Overall production;
- Sourcing speakers, delegates and venues;
- Handling all administration;
- Providing staffing and AV on the day;
- In the production of an electronic publication; and
- Supplying printed event materials.
- If you would like to discuss how the Forum and your organisation might work together, either on a single issue or as part of a more long-term strategic relationship, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. More details can also be found here.