This conference discusses the next steps for promoting and protecting biodiversity across England.
Delegates will examine the impact of potential changes emerging from the Agriculture and Environment bills including the evolving regulatory system and the introduction of payment for public goods.
There will be keynote addresses from: Begonia Filgueira, Legal Director, Foot Anstey and Co-Chair, Brexit Task Force, United Kingdom Environmental Law Association; Professor David Hill, Chair, The Environment Bank; Mike Green, Manager, Agricultural Sustainability, BASF and Ben Nelmes, Head of Public Policy, UK Sustainable Investment and Finance Association.
- Biodiversity and species protection - the policy landscape;
- Local Nature Recovery Strategies - monitoring, planning, and resource allocation;
- Environmental governance post-Brexit - collaboration, enforcement, and priorities for the Office for Environmental Protection;
- Developing an agricultural system that promotes biodiversity - public goods, soil quality, and managing sustainability;
- Biodiversity net gain in new developments and integration with infrastructure projects - a case study;
- Driving investment in conservation and identifying key projects;
- Innovative approaches for supporting biodiversity gain and species protection;
- Industry priorities for protecting the natural environment; and
- ‘Biodiversity net gain through habitat banking’.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Cabinet Office; CCC; Civil Service Fast Stream; Defra; DfT; DIT; European Space Agency; Food Standards Agency; Government Legal Department; HMRC; HM Treasury; Isle of Man Government; MHCLG; NAO; Ofwat; ORR; Planning Inspectorate; The Scottish Government and the Welsh Government.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF