This seminar will be an opportunity to discuss the future of probation services in England and Wales.
We are pleased that Justin Russell, the new HM Chief Inspector of Probation, has agreed to deliver a keynote address at this seminar - and is expected to set out his priorities and areas of focus.
Further keynote contributions come from:
- Jim Barton, Director and Senior Responsible Officer, Probation Reform Programme, Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service;
- Dr Nicola Carr, Co-Chair, Working Group on Community Sanctions, European Society of Criminology; and
- Chris Groom, Audit Manager, National Audit Office.
- Priorities and areas of focus for the new Chief Inspector - workforce retention, evidence-led decision making and governance requirements;
- Strategic priorities for the probation system;
- Probation service management - workforce training and retention, professional standards, and the potential impact of technology and voluntary organisation involvement;
- Focusing on the individual - combating addiction and mental health problems, rehabilitation and the latest thinking on risk assessments; and
- Learning from the Transforming Rehabilitation reforms.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF