***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
Stakeholders and key policymakers at this conference will examine the priorities for developing the role of women in the sport sector - with a focus on participation, representation and prominence.
We also expect delegates to consider the current challenges for the whole of the sector in light of the COVID-19 crisis - and what is needed from policy and the sector for the way forward.
Key areas for discussion:
- Increasing female participation in sport - starting with involvement at school - with latest thinking on strategies for moving forward;
- Media exposure and prospects for future commercial revenue generation;
- Improving diversity and representation across the sector - including in management, governance, and other roles;
- The impacts of the restrictions on movement resulting from the COVID-19 crisis on people’s ability to engage with sport and physical activity; and
- What short and long-term support may be required to help organisations and individuals within the grassroots sector adapt and respond to the current climate.
Developments that are relevant to the discussion:
It takes place with:
- Key next steps and challenges for the sector:
- Encouraging greater physical activity among women and girls; and.
- Assessing what approaches are needed to recover from the COVID-19 crisis, and what sector support might be required
- Developing grassroots sports across the UK - access to facilities, reducing socio-economic barriers to participation, and assessing the longer-term impact of social distancing restrictions;
- Broadcasting and the sport sector - examining current challenges for sustaining growth in the women’s market;
- Nurturing elite talent - priorities for physical and professional development, and improving gender equality in sport;
- Women in leadership and the workforce, media portrayal of women and women’s sport, and assessing the future commercial viability of sport; and
- Policy priorities for supporting diversity and representation across the sport sector.
Policy officials attending
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stake holders.
This one is no different. Places have been reserved by parliamentary pass-holders from both Houses of Parliament, and officials from the Cabinet Office; DCMS; Ofcom; the Government Equalities Office; HMPPS; the Ministry of Justice; Office for National Statistics and The Scottish Government.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials, is made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF