TO BE PUBLISHED April 2020
This conference focuses on the priorities for developing the role of women across all levels of the UK sports sector, the prominence of women’s sport, and the next steps for policy in the new parliament.
Areas for discussion include:
- Increasing female participation in sport - maximising opportunities and tackling delivery challenges;
- Media exposure, commercial revenue generation;
- Developing elite talent; and
- Improving diversity and representation across the sector, including in management, governance and other roles.
It will be an opportunity to examine policy developments in areas including:
Speakers and chairs
- Dame Sarah Storey, British Cycling Policy Advocate and Active Travel Commissioner, Sheffield City Region;
- Barbara Slater, Director, BBC Sport;
- Anna Deignan, Deputy Director, Head of Sport, DCMS and
- Lisa O’Keefe, Executive Director of Insight, Sport England.
Further confirmed speakers: Councillor Kamran A. Caan, Coventry Health and Wellbeing Board; Georgina Faulkner, Sky Sports; Andy Parkinson, British Rowing; Siobhán Prior, Nottingham Wildcats and Basketball England; Amna Rafiq, Yorkshire County Cricket Club; Graham Williams, Sport Wales and a senior speaker confirmed from Vitality.
Lord Thomas of Gresford, Co-Chair, All-Party Parliamentary Group for Rowing and Gavin Newlands MP.
- Encouraging greater physical activity among women and girls;
- Supporting diversity and representation across the sport sector;
- Broadcasting and the sport sector - reaching new audiences and sustaining growth in the women’s market;
- Nurturing elite talent - alternative career pathways, physical and professional development, and improving gender equality in sport;
- Developing grassroots sports across the UK - fundraising, access to facilities, and reducing socio-economic barriers to participation;
- Assessing the effectiveness of current sector initiatives to improve the wider diversity of sport; and
- Women in leadership and the workforce, media portrayal of women and women’s sport, and growing commercial investment.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF