TO BE PUBLISHED February 2020
This conference will consider the development of payment systems and reimbursement in the NHS.
It is timed to bring together stakeholders and policymakers to discuss:
- Incentivising integration in the tariff system;
- The future of the purchaser/provider split; and
- Reimbursement and risk sharing in the development of new pharmaceuticals and technologies.
Speakers and chairs
- Professor Martin Chalkley, Professor, Centre for Health Economics, University of York;
- Dr Stuart Dollow, Founder, Vermilion Life Sciences;
- David Hare, Chief Executive, Independent Healthcare Providers Network;
- Amy Manning, Founder, S12 Solutions; and
- Chris Walters, Director, Pricing and Costing, NHS England and NHS Improvement.
Further speakers include: Matthew Bell, Frontier Economics; Joanne Buckle, Milliman; Rebecca Clegg, Berkshire West Clinical Commissioning Group; Tim Jaggard, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; James Rimmer, NHS Southampton City Clinical Commissioning Group and NHS Clinical Commissioners; Sara Siegel, Deloitte; and Tania Vanburen, The Royal College of Radiologists.
The chairs are: Rt Hon the Lord Lansley, former Secretary of State for Health and Member, House of Lords EU Internal Market Sub-Committee and Rt Hon the Lord Warner, former Minister of State for NHS Reform.
- Developing the payment system and priorities moving forward;
- The impact of the 2019/20 National Tariff on providers;
- Assessing the current payment system - appropriate incentives, measuring performance and the purchaser/provider split;
- Pharmaceutical payment systems - reimbursement, risk sharing and access to medicines;
- Supporting the uptake of innovations and implementing the Innovation and Technology Payment 2019/20;
- Key issues for the independent sector - transparency, stability and supporting partnership working;
- Next steps for payment systems:
- Rolling out Integrated Care Systems and developing new payment models;
- Responding to local variations and assessing the updated Market Forces Factor;
- Moving towards blended payment systems and the future of payment by results; and
- Promoting prevention in the payment system.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF