This conference considered the development of payment systems and reimbursement in the NHS.
It was timed to bring together stakeholders and policymakers to discuss:
- Incentivising integration in the tariff system;
- The future of the purchaser/provider split; and
- Reimbursement and risk sharing in the development of new pharmaceuticals and technologies.
Keynote speakers included:
- Chris Walters, Director, Pricing and Costing, NHS England and NHS Improvement;
- Professor Martin Chalkley, Professor, Centre for Health Economics, University of York;
- Dr Stuart Dollow, Founder, Vermilion Life Sciences;
- David Furness, Director of Policy, Independent Healthcare Providers Network; and
- Amy Manning, Founder, S12 Solutions.
Further speakers included: Matthew Bell, Frontier Economics; Joanne Buckle, Milliman; Rebecca Clegg, Berkshire West Clinical Commissioning Group; Tim Jaggard, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; James Rimmer, NHS Southampton City Clinical Commissioning Group and NHS Clinical Commissioners and Tania Vanburen, The Royal College of Radiologists.
The chairs were Rt Hon the Lord Lansley, former Secretary of State for Health and Member, House of Lords EU Internal Market Sub-Committee and Sara Siegel, Partner, Head of Healthcare, Deloitte.
- Developing the payment system and priorities moving forward;
- The impact of the 2019/20 National Tariff on providers;
- Assessemnt of the current payment system - appropriate incentives, measuring performance, and the purchaser/provider split;
- Pharmaceutical payment systems - reimbursement, risk sharing, and access to medicines;
- Supporting the uptake of innovations and implementing the Innovation and Technology Payment 2019/20;
- Key issues for the independent sector - transparency, stability, and supporting partnership working;
- Next steps for payment systems:
- Rolling out Integrated Care Systems and developing new payment models;
- Responding to local variations and assessing the updated Market Forces Factor;
- Moving towards blended payment systems and the future of payment by results; and
- Promoting prevention in the payment system.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF