This conference is bringing together key stakeholders to assess the future of the life sciences sector in the UK - and progress in delivering the Life Sciences: Industrial Strategy and the Life Sciences Sector Deal 2.
Areas for discussion include:
- collaboration, and
- the next steps for supporting the uptake and adoption of innovations in the NHS.
- Professor Richard Barker, Chief Executive, Health Innovation Network;
- Dr Amanda Begley, National Director, NHS Innovation Accelerator;
- Professor Carole Longson, Chief Scientific Officer, ABPI;
- Professor Sir Robert Lechler, President, The Academy of Medical Sciences; and
- Dr Liz Mear, Chief Executive, The Innovation Agency.
Further confirmed speakers include: Stewart Block, London Cancer Commissioning Board; Garry Coleman, NHS Digital; Professor Fiona Watt, Medical Research Council; Professor Karl Claxton, University of York; Dr Nicole Mather, IBM; and James Roach, NHS West Essex Clinical Commissioning.
- The Life Sciences Industrial Strategy - progress in delivery;
- The Life Sciences Sector Deal 2: investment and infrastructure, patient engagement, and meeting the Industrial Strategy Grand Challenges;
- The life sciences sector in the North of England and the role of Academic Health Science Networks;
- Developing partnerships - industry, the NHS, charities, and universities;
- Opportunities for utilising data to support innovation in patient care;
- Supporting the life sciences sector in the UK - challenges and opportunities;
- The role of the NHS in developing collaborations to deliver the NHS Long Term Plan; and
- Ensuring the uptake and adoption of innovations in the NHS.
Westminster Health Forum conferences typically attract strong interest from policymakers. This seminar will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; DHSC; DIT; HM Treasury; MHRA; Office for Life Sciences; The Scottish Government and the Welsh Government.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF