Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will be an opportunity to assess a range of significant policy initiatives and developments affecting the sector, including:
- the National Home Building Fund
- the Levelling Up Fund and plan to Build Back Better in the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic
- the Affordable Homes Programme
- the Planning Bill, which was recently paused by the new Secretary of State
- the Fire Safety Act 2021 and Building Safety Bill
We are pleased to welcome keynote contributions from Ann Bentley, Global Board Director, Rider Levett Bucknall; Richard Blyth, Head of Policy Practice & Research, RTPI; and Councillor David Renard, Leader, Swindon Council; and Chairman, Economy, Environment, Housing and Transport Board, Local Government Association.
Areas for discussion include:
- tackling barriers to housing delivery
- supporting sector recovery from the pandemic
- reforming the planning system to enable the delivery of more new homes
- the role of innovation in design and construction
- improving safety across the life cycle of a building
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by parliamentary pass-holders from the House of Commons and officials from BEIS; the Cabinet Office; Defra; the Department for Education; the Department for Infrastructure, NI; the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities; the Department for Transport; HM Revenue & Customs; the National Audit Office; the Office for National Statistics; the Office of Product Safety and Standards; the Planning Inspectorate; and the Welsh Government. Also due to attend are representatives from Bristol City Council; Cheltenham Borough Homes; Consilio Property; Flood Re; Friends of Carrington Moss; Global Garden; Ingleton Wood; Karbon Homes; Kensington and Chelsea Council; London Borough of Islington; Mid Devon District Council; Osborne Clarke; South Downs National Park Authority; South Oxfordshire District Council; Stockport Council; Stratford-on-Avon District Council; Tendring District Council; The Federation of Private Residents Associations; The Planning Inspectorate; University of Liverpool; and Ward Hadaway.
Press passes have been reserved by representatives from Construction News; Inside Housing; and RICS.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials are made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference