TO BE PUBLISHED March 2020
This conference will be a timely opportunity to discuss the next steps for general practice in England - following:
- The publication of the new GP contract earlier this year to support the implementation of the NHS Long Term Plan;
- The development of Primary Care Networks across the country; and
- Goals to offer digital-first primary care to patients by 2023/24.
Attendees will assess key issues for the delivery of the GP contract and the framework for services over the next five years, including progress on addressing workforce issues, improving the Quality and Outcomes Framework and implementing the NHS Long Term Plan.
There will be keynote contributions from: Professor Martin Marshall, Chair, RCGP and Dr Raj Patel, Deputy National Medical Director, Primary Care, NHS England and NHS Improvement and Vicki Wells, Deputy Chief Inspector, Primary Medical Services and Integrated Care for London, CQC - as well as from: Paul Bate, Director, NHS Services, Babylon; Dr Clare Gerada, Medical Director, NHS Practitioner Health and Co-Chair, NHS Assembly; Helen Vernon, Chief Executive, NHS Resolution; and Dr Nigel Watson, Independent Chair, GP Partnership Review and Chief Executive, Wessex Local Medical Committee.
- Meeting goals within the NHS Long Term Plan for general practice;
- Key issues for GP services in England: recruitment, retention and multi-disciplinary teams - including:
- Education, training and developing the workforce;
- GP wellbeing, reducing burnout and the role of the GP Health Service;
- The impact of the new state-backed indemnity scheme for GPs; and
- The developing role of pharmacists in care delivery.
- The future for the regulation of general practice: patient safety, care quality and increasing access to services;
- Moving forward with service redesign: new models of care, utilising technology and primary care estates - including:
- Primary Care Networks and the role of GPs in integrating care;
- Key issues for digital-first primary care;
- Upgrading practice infrastructure; and
- Progress since the GP Partnership Review.
- Next steps for delivering the GP contract.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF