This conference will assess the future of the legal technology landscape - and how its development will affect the overall growth of the sector, both established and new legal firms in the UK, and the quality and range of services for clients.
The agenda and keynote speakers
- Unlocking the potential of smart contracts - with Rt Hon Sir Geoffrey Vos, Chancellor of the High Court and Chair, UKJT;
- The use of AI in legal services - with Professor John Armour, Principal Investigator, ‘Unlocking the potential of AI for English Law’;
- Algorithms in the Justice System - use and regulation - with Christina Blacklaws, Chair, LawTech Delivery Panel;
- Putting consumer principles at the heart of legal technology - with Owen Derbyshire, Panel Member, Legal Services Consumer Panel;
- Legal Tech Incubators - a case study in how collaboration is driving innovation - with Chris Grant, Head, Relationship Management, Barclays; and
- AI, data, and the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund - with Stephen Browning, Challenge Director - Next Generation Services, Innovate UK.
- The changing legal services landscape - automation, AI, and the regulatory framework –with:
- Michael Cross, News Editor, Law Society Gazette;
- Emily Foges, Chief Executive Officer, Luminance;
- Emma Walton, Knowledge & Innovation Manager, Slaughter and May; and
- Steve Brooker, Head of Policy Development and Research, Legal Services Board.
- Developing legal technology - funding, long-term partnerships, and the impact of market disruptors:
- Professor Katie Atkinson, Professor of Computer Science and Dean, School of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Computer Science, University of Liverpool;
- Gary Gallen, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, rradar; and
- Paul Massey, Chief Executive Officer, Tabled
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster Legal Policy Forum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Crown Commercial Service; DIT; Government Legal Department; HMCTS; HM Treasury; Home Office; Judicial Office, Judicial College; Law Commission; Legal Aid Agency; MoJ and The Welsh Government.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF