This conference discusses the next steps for UK broadcasting - looking at content production, market dynamics and the UK’s positioning internationally, and priorities for policy and regulation.
The agenda and keynote speakers
Policy and regulation:
- Prominence, content, and competition - with Siobhan Walsh, Director, Content Policy, Ofcom.
- The positioning of UK broadcasters in future TV markets:
- Investing in local content, and the UK production sector - with Benjamin King, Director, Public Policy, UK and Ireland, Netflix;
- Discoverability of PSB content for UK viewers - with Clare Sumner, Director, Policy, BBC;
- Commercial broadcasting - competition, advertising revenue, and developing non-linear offerings - with David Wheeldon, Group Director, Policy and Public Affairs, Sky;
- Consolidation in global markets and the impact on the UK’s broadcasting sector - with Victoria Gaskell, Partner, CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang; and
- Latest on viewing habits, content preferences, and audience demographics - with Doug Whelpdale, Insights Manager, Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board.
- Driving the development of the UK’s content production sector:
- International market disruption opportunities - partnerships, competition, and increasing consumer choice - with Siena Pakington, Content Director, BT;
- Commissioning content and investing in streaming - developing the BritBox service - with Magnus Brooke, Director, Policy and Regulatory Affairs, ITV;
- The UK’s TV production sector - with John McVay, Chief Executive, Pact;
- The facilities sector - and meeting production demand - with Paul Golding, Chairman and acting Chief Executive, Pinewood Group; and
- Private investment in content production - an update on the Creative Content Fund - with John Glencross, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Calculus Capital.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF