This conference will examine the next steps for reforming the electricity market - including potential changes to the Capacity Market (CM) and Contracts for Difference (CfD) auction processes.
We are delighted to include keynote addresses from:
- Professor Keith Bell, Co-Director, UK Energy Research Centre and Member, Committee on Climate Change;
- Neil McDermott, Chief Executive, Low Carbon Contracts Company;
- Richard Smith, Head of Commercial, National Grid ESO; and
- Mike Thompson, Head of Carbon Budgets, Committee on Climate Change.
- Priorities for Electricity Market Reform and the Energy White Paper;
- CfD Allocation Round 3 - examining the results;
- Regulation - the future framework for the CM;
- The CM - next steps for its development following the government review:
- Overcoming barriers to decarbonisation whilst maintaining security of supply;
- Impact of EMR on generators, securing energy supply and limiting costs for consumers;
- The potential for EMR to further support a level playing field for renewable energy technology and generation; and
- Meeting net zero targets - and what it means for the EMR;
- The next phase of EMR - key issues for delivery.
- Increasing clean generation in the UK energy market - addressing the challenges.
This Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum conference has attracted particularly strong interest from policymakers across the UK. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; CCC; Defra; Department for the Economy (NI); DfT; DIT; Health and Safety Executive; MHCLG; OLEV; ONS; Planning Inspectorate; Prime Minister's Office and Cabinet Office; the Scottish Government and the Welsh Government.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF