This seminar will examine options for future finance and investment for UK infrastructure.
It will be an opportunity to discuss priorities with the Government preparing to move forward on its infrastructure policy agenda, and significant additional investment expected to be announced.
Delegates will examine investment and financing of infrastructure projects across the UK - drawing on the Infrastructure Finance Review, and focusing on:
- The role of public and private investment in delivering national infrastructure;
- The potential introduction of a UK infrastructure finance institution; and
- Development of existing finance mechanisms and the potential of new models.
We expect discussion on priorities for investing in key projects across the UK, following government announcements on:
- The Leeds-Manchester route of Northern Powerhouse Rail;
- The recommitment to £1.1bn funding for the Strategic Road Network;
- Funding for maintenance of existing infrastructure, including the additional £275m for the railway;
- £5bn to support full-fibre rollout across the UK; and
- The launch of the £29bn Road Investment Strategy.
- Matthew Vickerstaff, Co-Chair, Expert Panel, The Infrastructure Finance Review;
- James Richardson, Chief Economist, National Infrastructure Commission;
- Duncan Symonds, Fellow, Institution of Civil Engineers and Director, Asset Management, IFM Investors;
- Harriet Hepburn, Director, Corporate Finance, Network Rail;
- Katy Dowding, Executive Vice President, Skanska;
- David Carter, Director of Infrastructure, West of England Combined Authority; and
- Lawrence Slade, Chief Executive Officer, Global Infrastructure Investor Association.
Further confirmed speakers include: Ed Clarke, Infracapital; Russell Jackson, AECOM; Stuart McMillan, Burges Salmon and Simon Whistler, Principles for Responsible Investment.
Steve Baker MP has kindly agreed to chair a session at this conference.
- Policy priorities following the Infrastructure Finance Review;
- Industry priorities for the spending review - investment and value for money;
- Sourcing private investment in UK infrastructure;
- Opportunities for future public-private partnerships;
- Challenges for regional authorities to invest in major infrastructure projects;
- Developing an independent infrastructure finance institution; and
- Infrastructure financing post-PFI - developing existing mechanisms, assessing alternative models, and next steps for green finance.
- Securing private funding and finance in the rail sector; and
- National development banking in practice.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Cabinet Office; CMA; DfT; DIT; HMRC; HM Treasury; IPA; MHCLG; NAO; National Infrastructure Commission; Ofwat; OLEV; ORR; The Planning Inspectorate; Transport Scotland and the Welsh Government.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF