TO BE PUBLISHED March 2020
This conference will consider next steps improving cardiovascular disease outcomes in England.
Areas for discussion include prevention, innovation in treatment and management, and improving the delivery of care.
Sessions in the agenda look at:
- research and innovation in diagnosis, treatment, and management of cardiovascular disease, including research funding and strategies for increasing public and patient engagement;
- personalised approaches to cardiovascular disease prevention, and the way forward for expanding prevention services into the community;
- improving the delivery of care for cardiovascular disease to meet the goals of the Long Term Plan; and
- the development of multidisciplinary teams and the role of pharmacy in delivering services.
There will be keynote contributions from:
- Katherine Thompson, National Lead, Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Public Health England;
- Dr Paul Chrisp, Director, Centre for Guidelines, NICE;
- James Kingsland, National Primary Care Home Clinical Director, National Association of Primary Care; and
- Senior speaker confirmed from NHS England.
Further confirmed speakers include: Jennifer Bayly, Kent Surrey Sussex Academic Health Science Network; Dr Paul Clift, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust and National Institute of Health Research Clinical Research Network; Nick Hartshorne-Evans, The Pumping Marvellous Foundation; Dr Rani Khatib, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust; Jane Roxburgh, Abbott; Helen Wilson, Heart Research UK; and a senior speaker confirmed from Barts Heart Centre.
- Opportunities for the prevention of cardiovascular disease;
- The role of primary care in cardiovascular disease prevention;
- Improving the delivery of care - personalisation, integrating services, and developing teams;
- Prevention, intervention and impact: the place of NICE guidance, standards and indicators;
- Innovation in the treatment and management of heart failure - optimising patient outcomes, public engagement, and ensuring uptake; and
- Priorities for meeting the goals of the Long Term Plan.
It will be an opportunity to assess developments including:
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF