This conference examines next steps for policy - and for the practices in industry and local government - aimed at reducing avoidable plastic waste in the UK.
Areas for discussion include:
Discussion will also draw on issues emerging from government responses to the consultations related to the Resources and Waste Strategy on:
Keynote contributions: Dr Marcus Gover, Chief Executive Officer, WRAP; Arnoud Passenier, Senior Program Manager Circular Economy, Netherlands Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management; Professor Rosalind Malcolm, Director of Environmental Regulatory Research Group, University of Surrey and Tony Ward, Head of Highways, Facilities & Environmental Services at Denbighshire County Council.
Further confirmed speakers include: Peter Andrews, British Retail Consortium; Paula Chin, WWF; Bryan McCluskey, Natural Source Waters Association; Paul Mines, Biome Technologies; Dr Adam Read, SUEZ; Bryony Rothwell, Waste Partnership for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough; Beth Simpson, Anthesis Group; Simon Tilling, Burges Salmon and UKELA; and Barry Turner, British Plastics Federation.
- Regulating for a circular plastics economy;
- Incentivising industry: extended producer responsibility and the plastic packaging tax;
- Case studies: learning from policy initiatives and established waste management models:
- Innovative waste management disposal - incentivising plastic waste recycling; and
- Moving towards standardised recycling collections - challenges and opportunities.
- Developing infrastructure for zero plastic waste: deposit return schemes, consistency in recycling collections and bioplastics; and
- The UK Plastics Pact - transforming the plastic waste system and tackling pollution.
Participation by policy officials
Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum conferences typically attract strong interest from policymakers. This seminar will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have already reserved places representing: BEIS; Cabinet Office; Civil Service Fast Stream; Defra; DfT; Department for International Trade; Food Standards Agency; MHCLG; National Infrastructure Commission; Ofwat; The Scottish Government and The Welsh Government.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF