TO BE PUBLISHED March 2020
This conference will examine the future for high speed rail in the UK.
With the new parliament beginning its work, it will be an opportunity for stakeholders and policymakers to consider:
- The implications of the independent review of the High Speed 2 project, due by the end of this year;
- The findings of the HS2 Chairman’s Stocktake - which reviewed the scope, timing, and cost efficiency of the project; and
- Next steps for Phase 2b (Crewe to Manchester and West Midlands to Leeds) and integrating high speed rail with Northern Powerhouse Rail.
There will be keynote contributions from: Lord Berkeley, Deputy Chair, Independent review of HS2; Nick Bisson, Director, HS2 Phase 2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail, Department for Transport; Sharon Hedges, Franchise Programme Manager, Transport Focus; Maria Machancoses, Director, Midlands Connect; Lee-Anne Murray, Director, National Audit Office and Tim Wood, Northern Powerhouse Rail Director, Transport for the North.
Further confirmed speakers include: Dr Mark Raiss, AECOM; Alasdair Reisner, CECA and senior speakers from Burges Salmon and The Wildlife Trusts.
- Key issues arising from the independent review of High Speed 2;
- Next steps for HS2 - route design, community engagement and enabling additional capacity in the network;
- Incorporating the views of passengers from the design stage through to operation;
- Addressing the practicalities of delivering high speed rail - engineering, environmental impact and supply chain resource management;
- The outlook for Phase 2b - integration into the wider transport network, supporting economic growth and delivering cost efficient sustainable infrastructure:
- Integrating High Speed Rail with Northern Powerhouse Rail;
- Supporting and sustaining regional growth; and
- Ensuring value for money in the delivery of HS2.
- The future direction of High Speed Rail in the UK.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF