Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will be a timely opportunity to discuss latest thinking and initiatives aimed at addressing key issues:
- at a system-wide level - following the NHS Race and Health Observatory report Ethnic health inequalities and the NHS: driving progress in a changing system
- at a national policy level - with the Heath and Care Bill supporting the integration of local health and care in order to develop collaborative systems that can improve population health and outcomes
We also expect discussion on the independent Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities report as well as the wider determinants of race and ethnic disparities in the UK, looking at how these impact health outcomes and access to healthcare, and priorities for building trust, fairness, and inclusivity going forward.
Further sessions examine the next steps for addressing underlying health inequalities which have been highlighted during the pandemic, looking at policy priorities, what can be done to improve access, and reducing inequalities experienced by the health workforce.
We are pleased to be able to include keynote contributions on:
- The way forward for tackling ethnic minority healthcare inequalities - with Dr Habib Naqvi, Director, NHS Race and Health Observatory
- Strengthening leadership and management across health and care and improving ethnic minority health outcomes - with Professor Mayur Lakhani, Chairman, The Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management (FMLM)
- Priorities for policy and care to tackle inequalities across public health - with Professor Maggie Rae, President, Faculty of Public Health
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from Defra; the Department for Education; the Department of Health and Social Care; the DWP; the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office; HM Revenue & Customs; National Audit Office; The Scottish Government; and the Welsh Government. Also due to attend are representatives from Abbott Laboratories; ACET Ireland; Boehringer Ingelheim; Brighton and Hove CCG; Cardiff and Vale Health Board; Coproduce Care; Croydon BME Forum; Cuimhne Champions; Dementia UK; Forest Road Group Practice; Four Health; Healthcare Improvement Scotland; Healthwatch Worcestershire; Independent Age; Luton Borough Council; Macmillan Cancer Support; Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust; Mary Seacole House; Merseycare NHS Foundation Trust; Northumbria NHS; Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK; QED Foundation; Roche; Royal United Hospital; Scottish Older People's Assembly/African Caribbean Elders Scotland; Start Change; St Clare Hospice; Stroke Association; Support ME; The Foundation for Medical Publishing; The Health Foundation; The Lewisham Pensioners Forum; University of Aberdeen; University of East London; University of Nottingham; and University of Sheffield.
A press pass has been reserved by a representative from Bonhill Group.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials are made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference