TO BE PUBLISHED April 2020
This seminar will assess the key issues for autism and learning disabilities care in England, looking at:
- Joining up policy across health, social care and education;
- Addressing inequalities and delivering integrated personalised care; and
- Next steps for policy.
The seminar will be an opportunity for key stakeholders and policymakers to discuss priorities for delivering the new adults and children autism strategy - as well as the progress in implementing goals for learning disabilities and autism in the NHS Long Term Plan.
There will be keynote contributions from: David Nuttall, Deputy Director, Dementia and Disabilities, DHSC and George Matuska, National Autism Lead and Clinical Lead, Intellectual Disabilities, South of England Region, Health Education England.
- Progress in meeting goals in the NHS Long Term Plan for learning disabilities and autism;
- Assessing the impact of the NHS Long Term Plan and the role of the new strategy - funding, health inequalities and delivering integrated personalised care;
- Priorities for parents, carers and individuals: awareness, support and engagement;
- Education, skills and training - implementing the Autism Core Capabilities Framework;
- Key issues from CQC review into restraint, seclusion and segregation;
- Integrating health and education policy; and
- Next steps for delivering the new adults and children’s autism strategy.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF