Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will discuss the future for housing design and delivery in the UK, following the appointment of the new Secretary of State and the renaming of The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government as The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, to reflect its new role in delivering the Government’s Levelling Up agenda.
It will also be an opportunity to discuss the National Model Design Code and the Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission’s Living with Beauty report, assessing their proposals and the outlook for the sector.
Delegates will look at the potential restructuring of the planning process outlined in the Planning Bill - which was announced in the Queen’s speech, but is now under review - as well as the impact on the sector of the Building Safety Bill, the Fire Safety Act, and reforms around building regulation.
We are pleased to be able to include keynote sessions with:
- Sir John Hayes MP, Member, Office for Place Advisory Board
- Dr Ben Clifford, Associate Professor In Spatial Planning and Government, Bartlett School of Planning, UCL
- Jeff Endean, Director, Cast Consultancy
- Victoria Hills, Chief Executive, Royal Town Planning Institute
- Paul Monaghan, Director, Allford Hall Monaghan Morris; and Special Adviser, Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission
- Professor Sadie Morgan, Founding Director, dRMM Architects, Board Member, Homes England; and Commissioner, National Infrastructure Commission
The agenda will bring out latest thinking on:
- the National Model Design Code, housing quality, and safety
- the planning process and local decision making
- sustainability in design and delivery
- priorities for the new Office for Place
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by parliamentary pass-holders from the House of Commons, and officials from BEIS; Defra; the Development Bank of Wales; DWP; HM Revenue & Customs; the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities; the Office for Product Safety and Standards; The Scottish Government; and the Welsh Government. Also due to attend are representatives from Child Graddon Lewis; CPRE Hampshire; East Riding of Yorkshire Council; FPRA; Morris+Company; Okehampton Town Council; Tendring District Council; and University of Cambridge.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials are made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference