Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will be an opportunity to discuss priorities for clinical research in the UK following the developments, lessons taken from the COVID-19 pandemic, and how best to drive research forward.
Delegates will also discuss priorities and next steps following Saving and improving lives: the future of UK clinical research, which sets out the Government’s strategic vision, with five key themes including:
- putting clinical research delivery at the centre of the NHS
- patient-centred research and improving participation and accessibility
- streamlining clinical research, including improving efficiency and the use of innovation
- driving the use of digital systems and data-enabled research
- developing a sustainable research workforce
There will also be discussion on tackling longstanding research challenges around funding, data use, the uptake of innovation, and diversity.
Overall, sessions in the agenda will also look at:
- priorities for advancing clinical research and overcoming key challenges
- key issues for funding and maintaining the UK’s status as a leading research destination
- improving patient access to innovative research and improving trust and transparency
- developing an inclusive research environment
- the role of research in addressing health inequalities across the UK
- supporting the research delivery workforce and developing a research culture across the health system
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from the Department for International Trade; the Department of Health and Social Care; the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency; and The Scottish Government. Also due to attend are representatives from the Anglia Ruskin University; Becton Dickinson UK; Boehringer Ingelheim; Bournemouth University; Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust; Clinical Research Network West Midlands; Cygnet Health Care; Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; Health Research Board; Janssen R&D; Keele University; Lancaster University; LGC; Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust; My MHealth; National Institute for Health Research Clinical Research Network; National Institute of Health Research - Clinical Research Network; NHS Lothian; NIHR; Nutricia UK; Oxford Brookes University; Pulmonary Hypertension Association UK; Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust; Sanofi; Society and College of Radiographers; Stroke Association; Syneos Health; The Academy of Medical Sciences; University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust; University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust; University of Glasgow; University of Southampton; Western Health and Social Care Trust; and Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials are made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference