TO BE PUBLISHED July 2020
This conference will consider the next steps for government, employers, and other stakeholders in improving opportunity and equality at work for people from black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds (BAME).
Areas for discussion include:
- ethnicity pay reporting and data gathering,
- embedding inclusive cultures and promoting the creation of diverse workplaces,
- representation in leadership, and
- improving recruitment practices.
There will be keynote contributions from: David Isaac, Chair, Equality and Human Rights Commission; Sandra Kerr CBE, OBE, Race Equality Director, Business in the Community; and Dr Doyin Atewologun, Reader & Director, Gender, Leadership & Inclusion Centre, Cranfield School of Management.
Further confirmed speakers include: Katy Bennett, PwC; Cynthia V. Davis, BAME Recruitment; Fran Goble, Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion; Karen Flynn Macfarlane, Natwest; Fudia Smartt, Spencer West and Bernadette Thompson, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
- Measuring and reporting on the ethnicity pay gap: progress made and further steps needed to reduce inequality;
- Progress since the introduction of The Race at Work Charter;
- Developing diverse workplaces - gathering ethnicity data, gaining employees’ trust and changing culture;
- Addressing inequality - progress since the Parker Review, Race Disparity Audit, and increasing BAME representation on boards;
- Supporting recruitment and progression for BAME talent - the role of employee networks and mentoring programmes; and
- Next steps for BAME equality in the workplace and ethnicity pay reporting - policy priorities.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster Employment Forum conference has attracted particularly strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing BEIS; Education & Skills Funding Agency; DCMS; Defra; DfE; DfT; DIT; DWP; Foreign and Commonwealth Office; Government Digital Service; the HSE; Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services; HMPPS; HMRC; Home Office; MHCLG; MoD; MoJ, Ofcom; Office of Government Property and The Scottish Government.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF