TO BE PUBLISHED May 2020
This conference will examine the priorities for quality assurance in apprenticeship provision in England.
Areas of focus include the transition from frameworks to standards, and the apprenticeship standard reviews.
Delegates will discuss:
- Implementation of the new apprenticeship standards;
- Route Reviews of apprenticeship standards;
- Use of end-point assessments; and
- The new inspection framework and the wider role of regulators.
Keynote contributions and case studies
We are pleased to be able to include in this seminar keynote contributions from:
- Claire Gill, Associate Director, Ofqual;
- Paul Cocker, HMI, Further Education and Skills, Ofsted; and
- Nikki Christie, Deputy Director, Apprenticeship Assessment and Quality, Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Further speakers include: Rohini Bhattacharya, Pearson; Mark Dawe, Association of Employment and Learning Providers Apprentice; Emily Hughes, Bishop Grosseteste University; Anthony Impey, FSB; Rosalind McKenzie, PA Training; Ian Pryce, The Bedford College Group; and Victoria Purtill, Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
Lord Watson of Invergowrie, Shadow Spokesperson for Education has kindly agreed to chair this seminar.
The agenda in summary:
- Priorities for the Apprenticeship programme;
- Improving the assessment of apprenticeships;
- Developing end-point assessments - ensuring effective delivery, identifying the most suitable form of assessment, and establishing coherent progression pathways;
- Inspection of apprenticeships and the impact of the new Education Inspection Framework;
- Meeting the new standards for apprenticeships - ensuring effective design, putting them into practice and the provision of off-site training; and
- Apprenticeship standard reviews and policy priorities for ensuring quality.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster Employment Forum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: DfE; Cabinet Office; HM Treasury; HMRC; DfT; DIT; Government Legal Department; Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service; and the MOD.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF