Morning, Thursday, 23rd January 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will examine the development of the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF).
As higher education institutions undergo preparations for TEF submissions, delegates will discuss the outcome of the Independent Review of the TEF and examine any subsequent revisions to the metrics and methodology ahead of the roll-out of the first full subject-level exercise.
The agenda includes keynote contributions from Professor Janice Kay, Deputy Chair, TEF Panel and Provost and Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Exeter and Graeme Rosenberg, TEF Manager, Office for Students.
- Updates to the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework - an overview of the changes;
- Reflecting on the development of the Framework - responding to the recommendations of the Independent Review and assessing the final shape of the TEF;
- The second-year subject pilots - what has been learnt;
- The experience of a pilot participant - engaging departmental staff, integrating the TEF into internal quality assurance reviews and managing resources; and
- Preparing for the roll-out of subject level TEF - data and evidence gathering, benchmarking and narrative statements.