Morning, Monday, 16th March 2020
Royal Over-Seas League, Over-Seas House, Park Place, St James’s Street, London SW1A 1LR
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference comes as the Office for Students (OfS) prepares to consult on the development of a new framework for the TEF in 2020 following the publication of Dame Shirley Pearce's independent review, which is expected shortly.
The seminar will be an opportunity to consider the review's key findings shortly after publication including the likely revisions to the metrics and methodology of the TEF coming after the OfS decision not to conduct a TEF year 5 exercise in 2020.
The seminar will include keynote addresses from:
- Graeme Rosenberg, TEF Manager, Office for Students on the OfS's reaction to the review findings and the next steps; and
- Professor Janice Kay, Deputy Chair, TEF Panel and Provost and Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Exeter on the key findings from the second-year subject pilots which are expected to be published alongside the review ahead of the publication of the first subject level TEF in 2021.
Further confirmed speakers include: Dr Rebecca Browett, King’s College London; Dr Mónica Franco-Santos, Cranfield University; David Hillier, South Thames College Group and Professor Susan Orr, University of the Arts London.
- Updates to the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework - an overview of the proposed changes;
- Development of the Framework so far - responding to the recommendations of the Independent Review;
- The second-year subject pilots - what has been learnt;
- The experience of a pilot participant - engaging departmental staff, integrating the TEF into internal quality assurance reviews, and managing resources; and
- Preparing for the roll-out of subject level TEF - data and evidence gathering, benchmarking, and narrative statements.