Morning, Wednesday, 11th December 2019
Royal Over-Seas League, Over-Seas House, Park Place, St James’s Street, London SW1A 1LR
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will assess the future of financial reporting in the UK.
The conference comes as the audit sector, business leaders, and those who produce financial reports come under increased scrutiny and political pressure following a number of recent corporate failures.
It also comes at a time of uncertainty around the future for proposed reforms, including:
- The future for the UK audit market - key findings and next steps following the CMA’s market study - with Alistair Thompson, Director of Remedies, Business and Financial Analysis, CMA; and
- Priorities for the regulation of financial reporting.
Further sessions on:
- The future shape of the auditing market following the CMA’s market study - the operational split, resilience and market competition - with EY; BDO; PLSA and Professor Prem Sikka;
- Ensuring the quality of financial reporting - standards, transparency, and establishing the scope of audits - with Professor Atul Shah; Sarasin & Partners; ACCA and BP; and
- The establishment of the new regulator - the scope and remit of the regulator, the effectiveness of new powers in preventing future corporate failures, and the impact on stakeholders - with Hermes Investment Management and Institute of Directors.
Engagement with policy officials and government agencies at this conference
This Westminster Business Forum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Cabinet Office; CMA; DfT; HM Treasury; NAO and the Northern Ireland Audit Office.