Morning, Thursday, 14th October 2021
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will examine the opportunities presented by the UK National Space Strategy, expected to be released later this year - as well as priorities for forthcoming legislation, investment, infrastructure, skills, environmental responsibilities, and spreading the benefits of development across the UK.
Delegates will also discuss commercial priorities for the space sector, including what will be needed to achieve key goals for delivery and sector growth, opportunities for collaboration, and next steps for making the UK an attractive destination for space markets.
We are pleased to be able to include keynote sessions with Ian Annett, Deputy CEO for Programme Delivery, UK Space Agency; Elodie Viau, Director of Telecommunication and Integrated Applications and Head, ECSAT, European Space Agency; and Steve Eisele, Vice President, Business Development, Virgin Orbit.
Overall, areas for discussion will include:
- next steps for developing the UK National Space Strategy
- priorities for funding and investment in the space sector and promoting trade
- international partnerships and competition in the sector and promoting competition
- developing the skills and job opportunities needed for driving forward the Space Strategy
- research and development, and the outlook for spreading the benefits of the space sector
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from BEIS; the Cabinet Office; the Competition and Markets Authority; the Defence Airspace and Air Traffic Management; Defra; the Department for International Trade; the European Space Agency; the Health and Safety Executive; the Intellectual Property Office; the UK Space Agency; and the Welsh Government. Also due to attend are representatives from Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership; Cranfield University; Directorate of Legal Services; RINA Consulting; Rolls Royce; and Thales Alenia Space UK.
Press passes have been reserved by representatives from Astronomy Ireland; Bloomberg; RICS and Satellite Evolution Group.
Overall, we expect speakers and other participants to be a senior and informed group including Members of both Houses of Parliament, senior government and regulatory officials involved in this area of policy, regulators and agencies, devolved administrations, aerospace and telecoms companies, consultancies, LEPs, economic development, investment, regeneration and construction professionals, the armed forces, satellite services, catapults, academics, think tanks, and law firms, together with reporters from the national and trade media.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials, is made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference