Morning, Wednesday, 12th January 2022
This conference will look at next steps for the UK insurance sector.
It takes place in the context of the review of the Solvency II prudential regulatory regime, the Future Regulatory Framework Review, and the ongoing process of consultation and outreach by the PRA and HM Treasury.
The conference is bringing together key stakeholders with policymakers to address:
- priorities for the new regulations and how they can be tailored to support stability for the sector and for individual firms, encourage competition, and reduce the cost of compliance
- issues such as risk margin levels and volatility
- new regulatory requirements, including in operational resilience and pricing, with analysis of the consequences for the sector and consideration of best practice in compliance
Further sessions look at wider issues, including:
- how the industry is adapting to climate change and changing customer priorities
- the impact of emerging technologies such as automation, robotics and AI, the internet of things, and big data
- addressing skills gaps and workforce challenges
- the way forward for International cooperation and best practice
We are pleased to be able to include keynote contributions from: Matt Brewis, Director of Insurance and Conduct Specialists, Financial Conduct Authority; and Charlotte Clark, Director of Regulation, Association of British Insurers.