Morning, Thursday, 26th March 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will be an opportunity to assess key elements of the Liverpool City Region Local Industrial Strategy following its expected publication.
Discussion will focus on prospects for the strategy to meet its aims of increasing productivity and developing an inclusive economy - as set out in a position statement published in July of this year - including:
- Maximising prosperity for individuals and communities across the region, and
- Addressing Liverpool’s longstanding challenges - particularly in health, employment, skills, and connectivity.
A senior representative of Liverpool City Region Combined Authority will be delivering a keynote presentation at the seminar.
The agenda in summary
- What the Strategy means for Liverpool’s communities and business;
- Tackling social challenges, including mental health, poverty, and inequality;
- Supporting business growth and innovation, and addressing the skills challenge facing Liverpool;
- Priorities for low carbon transport, regeneration and new homes; and
- How the Liverpool Strategy fits within the Government’s wider Industrial Strategy.