Morning, Tuesday, 25th February 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference looks at next steps for developing data protection regulation in the UK.
There will be a keynote address from Harry Lee, Deputy Director, Domestic Data Protection Policy, DCMS.
Further confirmed speakers include:
- Ruth Boardman, Partner and Joint Head of International Privacy and Data Protection Group, Bird & Bird;
- Chris Combemale, Chief Executive Officer, Data & Marketing Association;
- Ines Fitzgerald, Privacy & Security Legal Director, Verizon Media;
- Professor Douwe Korff, Emeritus Professor of International Law, London Metropolitan University;
- Dyann Heward Mills, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, HewardMills;
- Hugh Milward, Director, Corporate, External and Legal Affairs, Microsoft UK;
- Dawn Monaghan, Head, Data Sharing and Privacy Unit, NHS England;
- Linda NiChualladh, Head of Privacy (Legal), EMEA, Citi;
- Zoe Rowland, Head, Data Governance, Cancer Research UK; and
- Mark Thompson, Global Privacy Lead, KPMG.
The agenda and keynote contributions
- Next steps for UK data protection policy;
- Assessing the impact of GDPR in the UK since its implementation;
- Developing best practice in data handling across the wider economy - lawful processing bases, subject access requests, and breach reporting; and
- Sector-specific approaches to data protection - developing and implementing codes of conduct.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster eForum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Cabinet Office; DCMS; DfE; DfT; DHSC; DWP; FCO; Food Standards Agency; Government Legal Department; HMRC; Home Office; MHCLG; NCA; Ofgem; ONS; the Scottish Government and UK Visas and Immigration.