Morning, Tuesday, 25th February 2020
Emmanuel Centre, 9-23 Marsham Street, London SW1P 3DW
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will consider next steps for developing data protection regulation in the UK.
There will be keynote addresses from Steve Wood, Executive Director - Regulatory Strategy, Information Commissioner’s Office and Harry Lee, Deputy Director, Domestic Data Protection Policy, DCMS - as well as from Chris Combemale, Chief Executive Officer, Data & Marketing Association and Hugh Milward, Director, Corporate, External and Legal Affairs, Microsoft UK.
Further confirmed speakers include: Ruth Boardman, Bird & Bird; Ines Fitzgerald, Verizon Media; Professor Douwe Korff, London Metropolitan University; Dyann Heward Mills, HewardMills; Dawn Monaghan, NHS England; Linda NiChualladh, Citi; Zoe Rowland, Cancer Research UK and Mark Thompson, KPMG.
- The impact of GDPR in the UK since its implementation;
- Developing best practice in data handling across the wider economy - lawful processing bases, subject access requests and breach reporting;
- Assessing the future outlook for data protection in the UK:
- Developing and implementing sector-specific data protection codes of conduct;
- Options for UK alignment with EU data protection regulation after Brexit.
- Next steps for UK data protection policy; and
- The ICO’s future regulatory approach.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster eForum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Cabinet Office; DCMS; DfE; DfT; DHSC; DWP; FCO; Food Standards Agency; Government Legal Department; HMRC; Home Office; MHCLG; NCA; Ofgem; ONS; The Scottish Government and UK Visas and Immigration.