Morning, Tuesday, 11th February 2020
St Martin-in-the Fields, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 4JJ
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference examines current and future developments in UK sports broadcasting.
Speakers and chairs
Keynote contributions from:
- Alastair Jones, Head of UK Television Policy, DCMS;
- William Bush, Executive Director, Premier League;
- Rufus Hack, Chief Content Officer, PGA European Tour and Ryder Cup;
- John Gleasure, Chief Business Development Officer, DAZN Group; and
- Jamie Hindhaugh, Chief Operating Officer, BT Sport.
Further speakers include: Pete Andrews, Channel 4; Pete Burns, Deltatre; Alex Kelham, Lewis Silkin; Alan Gilpin, World Rugby; Steve Smith, Sky and Ed Warner, former Chair, UK Athletics.
The chairs are Rt Hon the Baroness Taylor of Bolton, Vice-Chair, Football All-Party Parliamentary Group and Lord Addington, Vice President, UK Sports Association.
The agenda in summary
- The changing sports broadcasting landscape - emerging trends and key issues for rights holders;
- Innovation in partnerships and marketing, and the impact of new entrants;
- Developing the viewer experience - connectivity, AI, and video-on-demand services in the future creation and distribution of sports content;
- Policy on diversity and the Listed Events regime; and
- Assessing strategic approaches to pay-to-view and free-to-air sports coverage - balancing exposure and revenue generation, impact on audience engagement and commercial investment, and the future of Listed Events.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
Westminster Media Forum conferences typically attract strong interest from policymakers. This seminar will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have already reserved places representing: DCMS; Ofcom; BEIS; Cabinet Office; Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation; HM Treasury; The Scottish Government and the Welsh Government.