Morning, Tuesday, 28th January 2020
Emmanuel Centre, 9-23 Marsham Street, London SW1P 3DW
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will consider the way forward for regulation of the adtech sector and the wider digital advertising industry in the UK.
Further regulatory developments include:
- Simon McDougall, Executive Director, Technology Policy and Innovation, Information Commissioner’s Office;
- Guy Parker, Chief Executive, Advertising Standards Authority;
- Liza Bales, Privacy and Data Policy, Facebook;
- Fedelma Good, Director, Data Protection Strategy, Legal and Compliance Services, PwC; and
- Jon Mew, Chief Executive, IAB UK.
Further confirmed speakers include: Dom Blacklock, the7stars; Chris Combemale, Data & Marketing Association; Chloe Grutchfield, Redbud; Alex Hazell, Acxiom; Piers North, Reach; Clare O’Brien, ISBA; Joe Porter, OneTrust; and Sacha Wilson, Harbottle & Lewis.
- The review of the adtech sector and next steps for the ICO - sector engagement, information gathering and the future approach to regulation and enforcement;
- Real-time bidding in the digital advertising market;
- Distribution and utilisation of special category data - lawful processing bases, DPIAs and transfers of data between organisations;
- Delivering more impact online - the view from the Advertising Standards Authority;
- Digital advertising regulation - key developments and next steps; and
- Responding to regulatory concerns - improving compliance, transparency and data handling practices.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster Media Forum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation; CMA; DCMS; DfE; DHSC; DWP; Government Communication Service; HMRC and HM Treasury.