Morning, Tuesday, 28th January 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This seminar will consider the way forward for regulation of the adtech sector and the wider digital advertising industry in the UK.
Further regulatory developments include:
- Simon McDougall, Executive Director, Technology Policy and Innovation, Information Commissioner’s Office; and
- Guy Parker, Chief Executive, Advertising Standards Authority.
Further confirmed speakers include: Chris Combemale, Data & Marketing Association; Alex Hazell, Acxiom; Jon Mew, IAB UK; Piers North, Reach; Sacha Wilson, Harbottle & Lewis; and a senior speaker confirmed from OneTrust.
- The review of the adtech sector and next steps for the ICO - sector engagement, information gathering and the future approach to regulation and enforcement;
- The functioning of real-time bidding in the digital advertising market;
- Key issues around the distribution and utilisation of special category data - lawful processing bases, DPIAs and transfers of data between organisations;
- Delivering more impact online - the view from the Advertising Standards Authority;
- The way forward for the sector to respond to regulatory concerns - improving compliance, transparency and data handling practices; and
- The policy framework for digital advertising regulation.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster Media Forum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation; CMA; DCMS; DfE; Gambling Commission; Government Communication Service; ICO and HM Treasury.