Morning, Thursday, 12th March 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference focuses on the reform of property law in England and Wales - including wide-ranging changes to leasehold and commonhold.
The conference will be an opportunity to discuss:
Delegates will discuss the likely impact of these proposals as government considers next steps for reform.
- Professor Nicholas Hopkins, Commissioner, Property, Family and Trust Law, Law Commission; and
- Judge Siobhan McGrath, President, First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber), Courts and Tribunals Judiciary.
- The Law Commission’s report on leasehold and right to manage - key recommendations;
- Consumer protection - the future of redress, regulation of property agents, and the Housing Court;
- Reforms to property rights - enfranchisement, right to manage, and the implications of market trends;
- Commonhold reform - consumer choice and understanding, converting to commonhold, and developing a culture change; and
- Priorities for policy - the future model for property law.