Morning, Tuesday, 21st April 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference focuses on the priorities for developing the role of women across all levels of the UK sports sector, the prominence of women’s sport, and the next steps for policy in the next parliament.
It takes place in the context of
Speakers and chairs
- Baroness Grey-Thompson, Chair, ukactive;
- Dame Sarah Storey, British Cycling Policy Advocate and Active Travel Commissioner, Sheffield City Region;
- Barbara Slater, Director, BBC Sport; and
- Anna Deignan, Deputy Director, Head of Sport, DCMS.
Further confirmed speakers: Councillor Kamran A. Caan, Coventry Health and Wellbeing Board; Chrissy Fice, Vitality; Andy Parkinson, British Rowing; Siobhán Prior, Basketball England and Nottingham Wildcats; and Graham Williams, Sport Wales.
Lord Thomas of Gresford, Co-Chair, All-Party Parliamentary Group for Rowing and Gavin Newlands.
- Encouraging greater physical activity among women and girls - key next steps and challenges;
- Supporting diversity and representation across the sport sector;
- Broadcasting and the sport sector - reaching new audiences and sustaining growth in the women’s market;
- Nurturing elite talent - alternative career pathways, physical and professional development, and improving gender equality in sport; and
- Developing grassroots sports across the UK - fundraising, access to facilities, and reducing socio-economic barriers to participation; and
- Women in leadership and the workforce, media portrayal of women and women’s sport, and growing commercial investment.