Morning, Wednesday, 20th November 2019
The Caledonian Club, 9 Halkin Street, London SW1X 7DR
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
The seminar will examine the next steps for international student recruitment, the student visa system, and improving the experience of international students in the UK.
- Anne Marie Graham, Chief Executive, UK Council for International Student Affairs; and
- Dr Cheryl Matherly, President, Association of International Education Administrators.
Further confirmed speakers: Anisha Faruk, Oxford University Student Union; Philippa Hewett, SOAS University of London; Sasha Lal, Gherson; Marc Lintern, Newcastle University; Alan Mackay, University of Edinburgh; Professor Simon Marginson, Centre for Global Higher Education; Esther de Perlaky, University of Warwick; Fiona Samson, British Council and Andy Winter, University of Nottingham.
- The current landscape for international students in the UK;
- Competing in the international students market - lessons from the US;
- Marketing the UK as an attractive study destination, developing competitive pricing strategies, and the impact of visa policies;
- Strategies for enhancing the international student experience:
- Life as an international student in the UK;
- Pre-arrival information, inductions, and orientation;
- Developing an inclusive and supportive learning environment; and
- Mental health issues: understanding support needs and tailoring intervention.
- International student progression: post-study work visas, career guidance, and employability, and alumni relations.