Morning, Tuesday, 21st January 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This seminar will consider the development of payment systems and reimbursement in the NHS.
It is timed to bring together stakeholders and policymakers to discuss:
- Incentivising integration in the tariff system;
- The future of the purchaser/provider split; and
- Reimbursement and risk sharing in the development of new pharmaceuticals and technologies.
The agenda includes keynote addresses from: Professor Martin Chalkley, Professor, Centre for Health Economics, University of York; Chris Walters, Director, Pricing and Costing, NHS England and NHS Improvement; David Hare, Chief Executive, Independent Healthcare Providers Network and Dr Stuart Dollow, Founder, Vermilion Life Sciences.
The agenda in summary
- Developing the payments system and priorities moving forward;
- The impact of the 2019/20 National Tariff on providers;
- Assessing the current payment system - appropriate incentives, measuring performance, and the purchaser/provider split;
- Pharmaceutical payment systems - reimbursement, risk sharing, and access to medicines;
- Supporting the uptake of innovations and implementing the Innovation and Technology Payment 2019/20;
- Key issues for the independent sector - transparency, stability, and supporting partnership working;
- Next steps for payment systems:
- Rolling out Integrated Care Systems and developing new payment models;
- Responding to local variations and assessing the updated Market Forces Factor;
- Moving towards blended payment systems and the future of payment by results; and
- Promoting prevention in the payment system.