Morning, Wednesday, 15th January 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This seminar focuses on the next steps for the regulation of online gambling in the UK - looking in particular at:
- Latest thinking on protecting vulnerable groups;
- Advertising regulation; and
- Sustainable sector growth.
Taking place following the launch of the Gambling Commission’s new three-year National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms - the conference will assess progress so far, the impact on individuals and the gambling sector, and the way forward for its implementation.
The agenda and keynote speakers
- National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms - next steps for implementation - with Helen Rhodes, Programme Director for Safer Gambling, Gambling Commission;
- Protecting young people and vulnerable groups from irresponsible advertising - with Guy Parker, Chief Executive, Advertising Standards Authority; and
- Evidence-based understanding of the social and mental health impacts of problem gambling - with Dr Henrietta Bowden-Jones, Spokesperson, Behavioural Addictions and Problem Gambling, Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Prospects for the retail gambling sector - innovation, responsibility, and addressing the challenges of sustaining the industry’s high street presence;
- The future for online and mobile gambling regulation - age verification, competitiveness, and ensuring a safer gambling environment for consumers; and
- Developing a collaborative public health approach to reducing gambling-related harm.