Morning, Thursday, 2nd April 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will consider the way forward for developing immersive technologies in the UK.
Delegates will discuss latest developments in current use and thinking on future uses for immersive tech across a wide spectrum of industries, as well as support for the sector and potential ethical and legal issues arising from its widespread adoption.
It takes place in the context of:
There will be keynote addresses from:
- Dr Jeremy Silver, Chief Executive Officer, Digital Catapult;
- Andy Schofield, Manufacturing & Materials Strategy and Technology Director, BAE Systems; and
- Grace Boswood, Chief Operating Officer, BBC Design and Engineering.
Further speakers include:
- Andrew Bravin, Associate, Technology Group, Sheridans;
- Professor Roy Kalawsky, Director, Advanced VR Research Centre, Loughborough University; and
- Sol Rogers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, REWIND and Chair, Advisory Board, ImmerseUK
- Assessing the potential of immersive technologies, their impact, and priorities for future development;
- Next steps for developing the immersive tech sector in the UK - investment, business support, and developing applications across the wider economy; and
- Assessing ethical and regulatory implications - data protection, safety, and liability.
We also expect case studies in the application of immersive technologies in the video games and broadcasting sectors, and in high-value manufacturing.