Morning, Monday, 11th October 2021
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will be an opportunity to assess a range of significant policy initiatives and developments affecting the sector, including:
- the National Home Building Fund
- the Levelling Up Fund and plan to Build Back Better in the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic
- the Affordable Homes Programme
- the forthcoming Planning Bill, as outlined in the Queen’s Speech
- the Fire Safety Act 2021 and Building Safety Bill
We are very pleased to be able to include a ministerial session with Rt Hon Christopher Pincher MP, Minister of State for Housing, MHCLG; as well as further keynote contributions from Ann Bentley, Global Board Director, Rider Levett Bucknall; Richard Blyth, Head of Policy Practice & Research, RTPI; and Councillor David Renard, Leader, Swindon Council and Chairman, Economy, Environment, Housing and Transport Board, Local Government Association.
Areas for discussion include:
- tackling barriers to housing delivery
- supporting sector recovery from the pandemic
- reform of the planning system aimed at enabling the delivery of more new homes
- the role of innovation in design and construction
- improving safety across the life cycle of a building
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by parliamentary pass-holders from the House of Commons Library and officials from BEIS; the Department for Education; the Department for Infrastructure, NI; the Department for Transport; HM Revenue & Customs; the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government; the National Audit Office; the Office for National Statistics; the Office of Product Safety and Standards; and the Welsh Government. Also due to attend are representatives from Consilio Property; Flood Re; Friends of Carrington Moss; Ingleton Wood; Karbon Homes; London Borough of Islington; Mid Devon District Council; South Downs National Park Authority; Stockport Council; Stratford-on-Avon District Council; Tendring District Council The Federation of Private Residents Associations; The Planning Inspectorate; and University of Liverpool.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group including Members of both Houses of Parliament, senior government and regulatory officials involved in this area of policy, as well as from other stakeholders involved with UK house building including land and property developers, construction and architecture firms, urban planners, investment groups, business consultancies, financial advisers, law firms, logistics groups, resident associations, as well as researchers in academia and higher education, together with reporters from the national and specialist media.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials, is made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference