Morning, Tuesday, 28th April 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will consider key issues for the UK’s Heritage Sector - museums, galleries, historic places, and the partners and communities they work with.
Discussion will focus on key developments in funding and innovation, as well as the role of the sector in supporting the regeneration and local economic growth strategies being rolled out in areas across the UK.
Taking place following the recent launch of the government’s £250m Cultural Investment Fund - which aims to drive growth, tourism, and engagement with heritage in local communities throughout the country by revitalising existing heritage assets and supporting new cultural development - this conference will provide an opportunity to assess priorities for the delivery and distribution of the fund.
There will be keynote addresses from: Emma Squire, Director, Arts, Heritage and Tourism, DCMS; Duncan Wilson, Chief Executive, Historic England and Lizzie Glithero-West, Chief Executive, The Heritage Alliance.
- Support for England’s Heritage Sector - next steps for policy;
- New approaches to widening audiences - digital engagement, maximising opportunities presented by emerging technologies, and developing immersive and interactive experiences;
- Where next for funding? - Evaluating capital projects, new models of investment, and supporting organisations to become more financially sustainable;
- The heritage sector and promoting environmental sustainability;
- Realising the social and economic value of heritage:
- Restoration and revitalisation of heritage buildings and sites - maximising opportunities for commercial and community use;
- Driving local regeneration, tourism, and growth;
- Increasing community engagement with heritage assets, strengthening local identity, and next steps for High Street Heritage Action Zones;
- Reducing barriers to participation - achieving greater diversity, promoting inclusion and accessibility, and realising health and wellbeing benefits; and
- Developing talent, knowledge, and capacity for engagement with the creative industries.