Morning, Thursday, 6th February 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This seminar will be a timely opportunity to discuss the next steps for NICE - looking at:
- Developing evidence-based guidelines;
- The impact of NICE’s recommendations on decision-making; and
- The role of NICE in accelerating the uptake of innovation.
The conference takes place in light of the publication of the Life Sciences Sector Deal 2, which committed to making additional funding available to NICE and increasing the number of evaluations of digital products by 2020.
It also follows the introduction of the Voluntary Scheme for Branded Medicines Pricing and Access, which included plans to provide faster assessments of the clinical and cost-effectiveness of new medicines.
There will be keynote contributions from Professor Gillian Leng, Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Health and Social Care, NICE and Meindert Boysen, Director, Centre for Health Technology Evaluation, NICE.
- Priorities for NICE and the policy landscape for health and social care;
- Measuring the impact of NICE guidelines, utilising data, and improving patient and public engagement;
- Challenges for accelerating the uptake of innovative medicines and medical technologies:
- Future funding arrangements as NICE expands;
- Shared decision-making, patient choice, and NHS collaboration with NICE;
- Developing future guidelines and increasing adoption;
- Priorities for the pharmaceutical industry - access, value, and improving outcomes; and
- Evaluating health technologies - the role of HealthTech Connect;
- Next steps for policy.