Morning, Friday, 6th December 2019
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will examine the future for the Northern Powerhouse - including the strategy for the Powerhouse going forward, and priorities for the incoming government following the general election.
The agenda includes keynote addresses from Henri Murison, Director, Northern Powerhouse Partnership and Professor Jeurgen Maier, Chief Executive, Siemens UK and Board Member, Northern Powerhouse Partnership.
Areas for discussion and sessions in the conference include:
- The refreshed Northern Powerhouse strategy and the way forward for growing the economy in the North of England;
- Priorities for businesses;
- Financing and developing infrastructure to support economic growth:
- Delivering transport improvements across the region and the future for Northern Powerhouse Rail;
- Improving digital connectivity across the North of England;
- Supply chain - procurement, investment and economic development;
- Driving investment in the Northern Powerhouse and the potential of new approaches to project finance; and
- Key issues for housebuilding and the impact of national housing policy.
- Delivering economic growth for the whole of the North of England and next steps for devolution in Yorkshire;
- Developing the skills needed to support innovation, research and growth in the region;
- Working in partnership with neighbouring regions; and
- Next steps for policy.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster Social Policy Forum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Cabinet Office; Cities & Local Growth Unit; DCMS; DfE; DfT; DIT; Health & Safety Executive; HM Government; MHCLG; National Infrastructure Commission; Office of the Secretary of State for Transport; ONS; ORR and the Welsh Government.