Morning, Friday, 28th February 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This seminar will consider the future for children’s media in the UK.
Areas for discussion include:
- Funding and the Young Audiences Content Fund,
- The response by the sector, particularly PSBs, to the ongoing structural changes in media markets,
- Issues around competition and prominence, and
- Commercial opportunities and the impact of marketing restrictions.
There will be keynote addresses from:
- Jason Cotton, Head of Broadcasting Content Policy, DCMS;
- Jackie Edwards, Head, Young Audiences Content Fund, BFI; and
- Kate Biggs, Project Director, Children’s Content Review, Ofcom.
Further speakers include: Alison Bakunowich, Nickelodeon and Milkshake!; Richard Bradley, Lion Television; Colin Browne, Voice of the Listener & Viewer; Helen Howells, Hoho Entertainment; Sarah Muller, BBC and Lucy Murphy, Sky.
- Original programming and plurality in the children’s public service broadcasting landscape - update on the Young Audiences Content Fund;
- Improving the provision and availability of children’s content;
- Key issues for PSBs - developing multi-platform approaches, serving and engaging younger audiences, and assessing what further support is required;
- The business of children’s media - competition with on-demand, monetising IP and brand partnerships, and navigating the impact of advertising restrictions; and
- Policy priorities for children’s media in the UK.