Morning, Thursday, 12th December 2019
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This seminar will examine the future for digital payment services in the UK - with discussion expected on regulation, innovation and the implementation of the Revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2).
- Tony Craddock, Director General, Emerging Payments Association.
Further confirmed speakers:
Jeni Mundy, Visa; Imran Gulamhuseinwala, Open Banking Implementation Entity; Paul Horlock, Pay.UK; Anna Mitchell, Starling Bank; Russell Saunders, Lloyds Banking Group; Phil Andrew, StepChange Debt Charity; Peter Cox, Contis; Manish Garg, reflow; Martina King, Featurespace; and Angus McFadyen, Pinsent Masons.
- The UK regulatory landscape for digital payment services;
- Evaluating the changes taking place in domestic and international markets;
- Regulation and standards in the UK - latest developments:
- Open Banking standards - next steps for implementation;
- PSD2 - its impact on developing new payment services;
- Strong Customer Authentication implementation;
- Large banks - their role in the UK’s payments landscape; and
- Case study: provision of innovative payment services by third party providers.
- Innovation, inclusivity and public trust and developing new payments services.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster eForum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation; Competition and Markets Authority; DCMS; DIT; Government Banking; Government Legal Department; HMRC; HM Treasury and the Payments Systems Regulator.