Morning, Wednesday, 11th December 2019
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
The conference focuses on the latest thinking in campus design and development.
The discussion takes place in the context of:
- Record investment in HEI estates but uncertainty over the future of university funding;
- The 2050 net zero carbon target requiring HEIs to examine the sustainability of their estates; and
- Introduction of the Teaching Excellence Framework - with student satisfaction survey results contributing to the overall score - focusing on the extent to which campuses contribute to a positive student experience.
- The future of learning environments - with Julian Robinson, Chair, HEDQF and Director of Estates, London School of Economics and Political Science;
- Investment in estates - trends, uncertainties and best practice - with Graeme Aithie, Partner, QMPF;
- Latest trends in intelligent campus design- with James Clay, Head, Higher Education and Student Experience, Jisc;
- ‘Rethinking the University Estate and Place’- with Kevin Richardson, Local Growth Consultant, Research England;
- Fostering sustainability in Higher Education - innovation, institutional alignment and leading society - with Professor John French, Board Member and Trustee, EAUC.
- What students want? How campus design affects TEF scores;
- Student-centred campuses, responding to changing student demands and delivering accessibility for all;
- Designing next-generation learning spaces to support the latest developments in pedagogical practice - and for the long term; and
- Environmental responsibility and campus design - the impact of the 2050 net zero target, retrofitting existing estates, and putting universities at the forefront of demonstrating best practice zero carbon built environments