Morning, Friday, 13th December 2019
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will discuss UK drones policy, the future regulatory system, and opportunities for commercial application of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) in the UK.
Delegates will discuss priorities for policy and regulation in the new parliament affecting commercial and civil drone operations in the UK in the context of the Air Traffic Management and Unmanned Aircraft Bill.
- Dr Eamonn Beirne, Head, Emerging Aviation Technologies, Department for Transport;
- Jim Cranswick, Director, Unmanned Aviation, Deloitte; and
- Sophie-Louise O’Sullivan, Head, Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Civil Aviation Authority.
Further confirmed speakers: Jeff Bevan, Airport Operators Association; Tom Chamberlain, Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty; Sue Daley, techUK; Tris Dyson, Nesta Challenges; Richard Gill, Drone Defence; Anna Pages Maso, Connected Places Catapult; Christian Struwe, DJI; Special Sergeant Kevin Taylor, Lincolnshire Police Drone Unit and and Elaine Whyte, PwC.
- Developing the UK’s drones policy: the draft Drones Bill and next steps for supporting the UK’s commercial sector;
- Designing the UK’s regulatory regime to support safe and innovative commercial operations;
- Safety, security and priorities for the draft Drones Bill;
- Realising the potential of drones - innovation, emerging use cases and policy priorities;
- Meeting the challenge of airspace management; and
- A case study on commercial drone deployment.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Westminster eForum conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; DCMS; DIT; DfT; Environment Agency; Government Legal Department; Government Office for Science; HMRC; HSE; MoD and the Welsh Government.